Abandoned vehicles

Report an abandoned vehicle

If you need to report any type of abandoned vehicle (including motorbike, van, trailer or caravan) please call 0300 300 8302 or email customers@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk.

We will need to know the:

  • vehicle make and model
  • colour
  • registration plate (if there is one)
  • location of the vehicle
  • general condition and and deterioration
  • approximate length of time the vehicle has been there

Read more about signs which mean a vehicle may have been abandoned

Please note: There is no legal definition of an abandoned vehicle and before we can decide that the vehicle is abandoned it must be investigated and attempts made to give any parties a reasonable time period in which to make their interest known.

If the vehicle is untaxed or declared with a SORN (statutory off road notification) you can report it to the DVLA (link opens in new window). It’s no longer a legal requirement to display a tax disc on a vehicle.

Nuisance vehicles

We're not responsible for resolving neighbourly disputes or civil matters between residents. If the vehicle is causing an obstruction or a danger to other road users it should be reported to the police, as it has the power to immediately tow away such a vehicle in these cases (not us.)

If a vehicle is parked in violation of parking restrictions you can report a parking problem.