Environmental Services - Report an abandoned vehicle

Privacy Notice

Our and our Data Protection Officer’s contact details are at https://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/terms.

We use information about you (your ‘personal data’) for Abandoned Vehicle collections. If you have a concern or question, please contact us.

What are we doing? Where you need to report incidents for Abandoned Vehicle, you can do this using our online form. We need some information from you in order to investigate.

What is the information? We will need you to provide us with your contact details. We will ask you about the type of Abandoned Vehicle and its location.

Where do we keep it? We keep the information on our systems and those of other companies that we hire to create and maintain our forms. These are in the UK and the USA. All of them are certified with Privacy Shield, which means they keep your information safe.

How do we keep your information safe? We have looked into how our partner companies handle and look after information and have examined their practices. We have clear contracts that set out what they can and cannot do with your personal data.

How long do we keep it for? If you are paying for a service, we keep the information for 6 years. If you are not, we keep it for 3 years and in the case of any photographs that contain personally identifiable information, for a few weeks or until the matter is resolved.    

Who do we share it with? We do not share this information with anyone other than the companies that help us provide these services to you. They are only allowed to use it to provide these services.

What is our legal basis for doing this? If you are paying for the service, our legal basis is that we have a contract. If you are not paying, it is a public task in the public interest under the Environmental Protection Act 1990

For more information about how the Council uses your data, your rights and who to contact if you have any concerns please see the Council’s main privacy notice which can be found here.

You can also raise a concern with the regulator, details of which are at www.ico.org.uk.