Short term help at home - reablement
Reablement can help you adapt after a recent illness, disability or stay in hospital by learning or relearning the skills you need to live independently in your own home.
How reablement can help
If you need help to live in your own home after an illness, disability or hospital stay or because your health has changed rapidly and you can no longer manage the tasks you used to do, our reablement service may be able to help you for up to six weeks. Our reablement service offers short term help at home so you can carry on living in your own home and be as independent as possible.
The team will help you to work out what you need help with and how to get the right support, both for the six weeks of reablement and in the long term.
Help can include things such as:
- personal e.g. getting in and out of bed, using the bathroom and cooking meals
- domestic care e.g. shopping, cleaning and laundry
Who can get reablement?
The service is for people who cannot undertake:
- tasks that are vital to wellbeing
- most of your personal care
- most of your domestic routines
To find out if you can receive support, please contact us:
Telephone: 0300 300 8163
Reablement - urgent homecare response service
Inspection dates: 8 May 2019, 28 May 2019 and 3 June 2019
Our service has been rated by the Care Quality Commission:
- Safe: Requires improvement
- Effective: Good
- Caring: Good
- Responsive: Requires improvement
- Well-led: Requires improvement
Overall: Requires improvement
Read overall summary