Financial support and benefits for Ukrainian guests

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is paid monthly into one bank account, yours or your partner’s. You need to apply for it online.

To apply online you’ll need:

  • your bank, building society or credit union account details
  • an email address
  • access to a phone
  • proof of your identity, such as a passport or debit or credit card

If you do not have a bank account, you can get your first payment as a voucher. This is called ‘government payment exemption service’. You will need to tell the Job Centre why you have not been able to open a bank account. This can take a long time, so it is better to try and open a bank account first.

If you have questions about how Universal Credit works you can call the following organisations.

Universal Credit Full Service

Telephone: 0800 328 5644

Citizens Advice Help to Claim

Telephone: 0800 144 8444

Visit Citizens Advice's website to find out more about claiming Universal Credit and chat online with its staff.

Leighton Linslade Citizens Advice

Bossard House
West Street
Leighton Buzzard

Telephone: 01525 374589

Mid Bedfordshire Citizens Advice

Telephone: 01767 601368

Dunstable Citizens Advice

The Dunstable Centre
Court Drive

Telephone: 01582 670003

Translate our website into Ukrainian - Перекладіть наш веб-сайт на українську мову

Перекладіть наш веб-сайт на українську мову (англійська аудіо, українські субтитри)

Дізнайтеся, як перекласти цей сайт українською

Translate our website into Russian - Переведите наш сайт на русский язык

Перевести наш сайт на русский язык (английский звук, украинские субтитры)

Узнайте, как перевести этот сайт на русский язык