When guests first arrive in the UK they will be given £200. Contact Central Bedfordshire Council’s Ukraine Support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with this.
This £200 is not counted as part of any other benefit scheme which you may be able to claim and will not need to be re-paid.
Your local Job Centre Plus will be able to help you find out which benefits you may be able to access. This may include:
- Universal Credit – a payment for those of working age, to help with your living costs if you’re on a low income. You could be working (including self-employed or part time) or be out of work.
- Pension Credit - extra money to help with your living costs if you are over the age of 66 and on a low income. Applications for Pensions is online or via telephone.
- Disability benefits – extra money to help with additional costs if you have a long term physical or mental health condition or disability.
- Carer’s Allowance – extra money if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week.
- Child Benefit – extra money to help with the cost of raising a child.
If you have applied for Universal Credit and are struggling with finances while this is being processed and need financial assistance, please contact the Ukraine Support team. We can offer discretionary payments to help you.
More information about the different types of benefits is available online.
Translate our website into Ukrainian - Перекладіть наш веб-сайт на українську мову
Перекладіть наш веб-сайт на українську мову (англійська аудіо, українські субтитри)Дізнайтеся, як перекласти цей сайт українською
Translate our website into Russian - Переведите наш сайт на русский язык
Перевести наш сайт на русский язык (английский звук, украинские субтитры)Узнайте, как перевести этот сайт на русский язык