Free childcare for 2 year olds
Funding is available for up to 15 hours of childcare per week for 2-year olds whose families meet one of the following criteria.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credits or Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190
- Universal Credit
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Or their child:
- has a current statement of SEN or an Education Health Care Plan
- receives Disability Living Allowance
- has left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order
- is a looked-after child
How to apply
If you feel you may be entitled to the funding, you can complete the online application form. We will check if you are eligible, and will post you an eligibility letter. You can then take this letter to a childcare provider to access your funding.
If your child was born on or before 31 December 2015 (turning two before 1 January 2018) then you must have an earned gross income (additional money you earn before tax not including your benefits) of no more than £16,190 per year. If your child was born after 31 December 2015 (turning two on or after 1 January 2018) then you must have an earned net income (additional money you earn after tax not including your benefits) of no more than £15,400 per year.