Greenleas School - Derwent Road - Leighton Buzzard
- Type of school
Lower School - Community
- Email address
- Age range
2 to 9
- Ofsted inspection
- Catchment area
This school does not use a catchment area as part of its admission criteria.
- Published admission numbers (places available)
- Designated measuring point
- Oversubscription criteria
- all ‘looked after’ children or children that were previously ‘looked after’, including children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted (see definition below)
- children of staff (see definition below)
- children with siblings at the school
- children for whom the school is their nearest lower/primary school (see definition below)
- any other children
Definition of 'children who appear to have been in state care outside of England'
Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
A child is regarded as having been in state care in a place outside of England if they were accommodated by a public authority, a religious organisation or any other provider of care whose sole purpose if to benefit society.
Definition of 'children of staff'
Permanent full or part-time staff who have either been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application or recruited to fill a vacant post where there was a demonstrable skill shortage. The relationship to the child is defined as by blood or adoption or with legal parental responsibility and living with the child in the same house Monday – Friday.
Definition of 'nearest lower/primary school'
The nearest school will be identified by measuring the distance the pupil lives from the school. This is measured in a straight line, using our computerised measuring system, from the address point of the pupil’s home to a point on the school site agreed with the governing body of the school (known as the designated measuring point).
- Allocation statistics
Allocation statistics (entry to reception year) Published admission number (PAN) Requests Places offered Last place offered 60 47 47 At the time of the initial allocation in April 2022, all applicants were offered a place.
- In-year admissions
Information for in-year admission during academic year September 2022 to July 2023
Admission number per year group: 60
Oversubscription criteria: As above
- School closures
You can either check our website for school closures or register to get email alerts if a school closes:
- School transport
- School transport timetables
- General school email alerts
- Report incorrect school information
If you believe any of the information on this page is incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Music lessons in schools
- Term dates
- SEND provision