Gilbert Inglefield Academy - Leighton Buzzard
- Type of school
- Email address
- Age range
9 to 13
- Ofsted inspection
- Published admission numbers (places available)
- Designated measuring point
Central point of main library lawn
- Oversubscription criteria
- all 'looked after' children or children who were previously 'looked after', including children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted (see definition below)
- children living in the catchment area with siblings at the school
- other children living in the catchment area
- 'very exceptional' medical grounds (see definition below)
- other children with siblings at the school
- any other child
Definition of 'children who appear to have been in state care outside of England'
Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
A child is regarded as having been in state care in a place outside of England if they were accommodated by a public authority, a religious organisation or any other provider of care whose sole purpose if to benefit society.
Definition of 'very exceptional' medical grounds
‘Very exceptional’ medical grounds refer to cases where there are exceptional medical reasons which make it essential that a child should attend a particular school and where the preferred school is the only school locally that could meet the child’s needs. A medical report from the child’s doctor or consultant must be submitted with the application form, setting out valid medical reasons why it is essential for the child to be admitted to the school in question and the difficulties that would be caused if the child had to attend another school. The governors reserve the right to seek further information to determine whether it is essential for a child to be admitted to the preferred school on medical grounds. Admission on medical grounds cannot be considered where the medical condition relates to that of a parent/carer, brother or sister or another relative/childminder.
- Allocation statistics
Allocation statistics Published admission number (PAN) Requests Places offered Last place offered 210 147 147 At the time of the initial allocation in April 2022, all applicants were offered a place.
- In-year admissions
Information for in-year admission during academic year September 2022 to July 2023
Admission number per year group:
- year 5: 210
- years 6, 7 and 8: 150
Oversubscription criteria: As above
Contact the academy directly to make an in-year application.
- School closures
You can either check our website for school closures or register to get email alerts if a school closes:
- School transport
- School transport timetables
- General school email alerts
- Report incorrect school information
If you believe any of the information on this page is incorrect, please email email@example.com to let us know.
- Music lessons in schools
- Term dates
- SEND provision