Brooklands School - Leighton Buzzard
- Open events for parents and carers
Wednesday 18 November 2020
- open 6:30pm until 8:30pm
Monday 23 November until Friday 27 November 2020
- 9:30am until 11:30am every day
- 1:30pm until 2:30pm every day
Open week. No appointment necessary.
Please note: All events will take account of current government advice around social distancing.
- Type of school
Middle School - Academy
- Email address
- Head Teacher
- Age range
9 to 13
- Ofsted inspection
- Published admission numbers (places available)
- Designated measuring point
Head Teacher's office
- Oversubscription criteria
- all ‘looked after’ children or children who were previously ‘looked after’
- pupils living in the catchment area with siblings at the school
- other pupils living in the catchment area
- children of staff employed by Brooklands School who the school reasonably considers have been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is demonstrable skill shortage and/or have 2 or more years service at the time of application
- ‘very exceptional’ medical grounds
- other siblings
- children who have spent a significant time (3 years or more) in a lower school in Leighton Buzzard/ Linslade/ Hockliffe or outlying villages such as but not exclusively Stanbridge, Totternhoe, Eaton Bray
- any other children
'Very exceptional' medical grounds
‘Very exceptional’ medical grounds refer to cases where there are exceptional medical reasons which make it essential that a child should attend a particular school and where the preferred school is the only school locally that could meet the child’s needs. A medical report from the child’s doctor or consultant must be submitted with the application form, setting out valid medical reasons why it is essential for the child to be admitted to the school in question and the difficulties that would be caused if the child had to attend another school. The governors reserve the right to seek further information to determine whether it is essential for a child to be admitted to the preferred school on medical grounds. Admission on medical grounds cannot be considered where the medical condition relates to that of a parent/carer, brother or sister or another relative/childminder.
- Allocation statistics
Allocation statistics Published admission number (PAN) Requests Places offered Last place offered 150 211 150 At the time of the initial allocation in April 2020, the last place offered was to a child in criterion "other siblings", who lived at a distance of 1,334.22 metres from the school.
- In-year admissions
Information for in-year admission during academic year September 2020 to July 2021
Admission number per year group: 150
Oversubscription criteria: see above
Contact the academy directly to make an in-year application.
- School closures
- School transport
- School transport timetables
- General school email alerts
- Report incorrect school information
If you believe any of the information on this page is incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Music lessons in schools
- Term dates
- SEND provision