Bins and waste collections including Christmas and New Year collections
Collections are returning to normal across Central Bedfordshire following the snow this week. We are confident that all waste will have been collected by the end of the week, including missed collections from Monday and Tuesday. Please continue to leave your bins in the normal collection point and the crews will collect as soon as possible.
All garden waste collections are currently suspended over the winter months.
Christmas and New Year refuse and recycling collections
|Scheduled collection day
||Revised collection day
|Monday, 25 December
||Saturday, 23 December
|Tuesday, 26 December
||Wednesday, 27 December
|Wednesday, 27 December
||Thursday, 28 December
|Thursday, 28 December
||Friday, 29 December
|Friday, 29 December
||Saturday, 30 December
|Monday, 1 January
||Tuesday, 2 January
|Tuesday, 2 January
||Wednesday, 3 January
|Wednesday, 3 January
||Thursday, 4 January
|Thursday, 4 January
||Friday, 5 January
|Friday, 5 January
||Saturday, 6 January|
Recycling and refuse collections will resume as normal from Monday, 8 January 2018.
Garden waste collection suspended over winter
Kerbside collection of household garden waste will be suspended from Monday, 4 December 2017 until Friday, 2 March 2018 inclusive.
About waste collections
Bins are collected on an alternate weekly basis.
One week we will collect your black lidded rubbish bin, and the following week your recycling and garden waste will be collected.
If you receive a food waste collection, this is collected on a weekly basis.
Putting out rubbish for collection
On collection day:
- leave bins / sacks at the boundary of your property by 7am
- check bins / sacks don’t obstruct the pavement
- don't overload bins - garden waste bags have a weight limit of 10kg (see map below); wheelie bins have a weight limit of 85kg (see map below) - bins which are considered too heavy for safe handling and emptying will not be emptied (even if they weigh less than 85kg)
- take your containers back onto your property once they've been collected
If you put your rubbish out and we don't collect it, you can report a missed bin collection. We explain how to do this and possible reasons for why collection wasn't made e.g. wrong bin out on the wrong day.
Help putting waste out
We will help residents who are unable to move their waste and recycling containers to the normal collection point (highway boundary) themselves and do not have anyone living at the address who is available to assist. Find out about assisted bin collection.
Bins and sacks we use
We provide different bins depending on where you live. These are shown in this image.
Bin collection day and Christmas / New Year collections
To find out when your waste bins and recycling is collected:
- select the relevant link from the alphabetical road names list below according to the first letter of your road name
- next to your road name you will find your waste collection day
- to find out what week is either the waste or recycling collection please click on the collection week and the appropriate calendar will show
- if you would like to print the calendar please make sure to select 'print current page' in your print options otherwise the whole document will be printed.