About school catchment areas
The majority of areas in Central Bedfordshire are served by a catchment school.
In addition to these schools are a number of Faith Schools which do not serve a designated catchment area.
We cannot guarantee you a place at your catchment area school if the admission number has been reached.
Please note that academies and schools which are their own admission authority (Foundation, Trust and Voluntary Aided) may operate a different catchment area to the one originally set up us.
If you cannot find the catchment schools for your address please contact the School Admissions Team and we will be able to advise you.
Transport eligibility is assessed in accordance with our agreed catchment areas and that any academy or own admission authority school which has amended or extended their catchment area is an academy / school decision which will not necessarily equate to a pupil being eligible for transport where this is over the statutory walking distance.
Schools with no catchment area
The following schools do not operate a catchment area for admission purposes:
- Ashton St. Peter’s CofE Primary School (Dunstable)
- Hadrian Academy (Dunstable)
- Houghton Regis Academy
- Lark Rise Academy (Dunstable)
- Priory Academy (Dunstable)
- Pulford CofE Lower School (Leighton Buzzard)
- Mary’s Catholic Primary School (Caddington)
- Vincent’s Catholic Primary School (Houghton Regis)
- Thomas Whitehead CofE Primary School (Houghton Regis)