About the service
This is a statutory service, working at arm’s length from the authority and offers a free confidential support service for parents and carers of children with special educational needs.
What we do
We offer a range of services:
- free, confidential and impartial information relating to your child’s special educational needs
- drop-in sessions for parents and carers about the services available in Bedfordshire
- print regular newsletters to provide help and advice
- trained independent parental supporters that may be able to support at a meeting with either the school or local authority
- provide information regarding parents’ rights and responsibilities, and who you can talk to about your child
How do we do this?
We do this by:
- inviting you to one of our information sessions for parents and carers if you or your school has asked for a statutory assessment
- providing support for parents / carers in meetings with schools and the local authority
- providing advice about how to get your child’s special educational needs assessed
- offer a telephone helpline
- providing a range of leaflets on different aspects of special educational needs
- providing contact details of voluntary organisations and support groups
- helping with filling in forms and writing letters
- helping with reading through and understanding reports
Telephone: 0300 300 8088
Visit our Facebook page (link opens in new window) or follow us on Twitter (link opens in new window) for more information about our services.