New Local Offer website
We now have a new Local Offer website, a ‘one stop shop’ for all local SEND advice, guidance, and support services.
The site was redesigned and co-produced with the SNAP Parent Carer Forum (SNAP PCF), as well as education, health and social care professionals, parents, carers, and children and young people with SEND. We have incorporated their feedback to make the site more engaging, easier to navigate and to ensure it contains more relevant information.
It has a range of important information including:
- sources of support, advice and information for children, young people, and families, including support groups and forums
- arrangements to identify and assess children and young people with SEND, including how an assessment can be requested
- other educational provision, such as leisure activities, sports, and arts provision
- information about provision to assist in preparing children and young people for adulthood including post-16 education and training
- arrangements for travel to and from school, post-16 settings and early year providers
- childcare, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEND
- health and development needs of children from when they are born through to when they transition into adulthood
- support available to young people in higher education, particularly the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and the process and timescales for making an application for DSA
The Local Offer will be constantly reviewed to make sure it meets users’ needs. We'd welcome any parent or carer of a child or young person with additional needs to feedback with any suggestions for improvements by using the feedback button on the Local Offer.