Free childcare for 2 year olds
Funding is available for up to 15 hours of childcare per week for 2 year olds whose families meet one of the following criteria.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credits or Working Tax Credits and have an annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Or their child:
- has a current statement of SEN or an Education Health Care Plan
- receives Disability Living Allowance
- has left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order
- is a looked-after child
How to apply
If you feel you may be entitled to the funding, you can complete the Online Application Form (link opens in new window) or call the Family Information Service on 0300 300 8585.
We will check if you are eligible, and will post you an eligibility letter. You can then take this letter to a childcare provider to access your funding.