Great news for local groups as second bidding round now open for community grants
Friday, 17 July 2020
A scheme to help local voluntary and community organisations make projects a reality by offering matched-funded grants to enable them to invest in their community facilities, is now open for bids.
Launched last year, the community assets grants scheme encourages local groups to apply for grants of up to £25,000.
- voluntary and community groups
- not-for-profit organisations
- parish or town councils
The grants must be used for capital funding projects like:
- a new roof for a community hall
- improving access for people with disabilities
- upgrades to other community assets
We've allocated £260,000 for release through this second bidding round, which closes at 5pm on 1 September 2020.
How to apply
- talk to your local ward councillor (find your local councillor)
- ensure your group meets the criteria in the guidance notes (PDF)
- apply online (find out how to apply online)
Once applications have been assessed, we'll score them against the criteria and make a decision.
Our Executive Member with responsibility for Communities, Councillor Tracey Stock, explains:
Since we launched the scheme last year, we’ve supported 15 community projects including the upgrade of three tennis courts in Flitwick, a refurbished football clubhouse facility in Leighton Linslade, an inclusive playground in Fairfield and a new roof for a Scout hut in Dunstable. These are facilities which will be used and enjoyed by the people in their communities. But we know there are many more organisations that could benefit from the scheme and I would heartily encourage them to check out the details on the website to see how to apply.