SEND Ofsted inspection
Thursday, 21 November 2019
We're being inspected for effectiveness of our SEND provision, this week.
SEND (or special educational needs and / or disabilities) support is a service we offer for residents of Central Bedfordshire.
Three inspectors from Ofsted, Her Majesty’s Inspectorate and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) will evaluate how effectively the service:
- identifies the needs of children and young people with SEND
- assesses and meets the needs of these children and young people
- and improves outcomes for these children and young people
Throughout the five-day inspection, information will be gathered about children and young people with SEND, as well as the available services on offer in Central Bedfordshire.
During their time on site, inspectors will be looking at case files, speaking with relevant leaders and managers at educational settings (e.g. schools, colleges or specialist services) as well as speaking to families (parents and carers) who have children and young people with SEND.
During visits to educational settings the inspectors will be particularly interested in gathering the views and voices of children and young people and their parents/carers and family.
At the end of the five days, the inspection team will evaluate all the evidence and an inspection outcome letter will explain the main findings, make recommendations for any improvements and will also highlight any strengths that inspectors identify, to help other services and areas develop and improve. These letters will be published on the Ofsted website and on the CQC website.
How local children, young people, parents and carers, contributed their views during this local area inspection
- we held a webinar
- a parent and carer ‘open forum’ was held on Tuesday 19 November between 1-2pm at Watling House, in Dunstable
- parents and carers can contact their local parent carer forum to request details of how they can attend the discussions held between parents, carers and the Ofsted/CQC inspection team
- parents and carers can also email their contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org