HM Lord-Lieutenant’s cadets ready for service
Tuesday, 8 October 2019
HM Lord-Lieutenant of Bedfordshire, Helen Nellis, recently appointed her cadets for 2019/2020 at a ceremony held at Flitwick and Ampthill Sea Cadet Unit by kind permission of Chairman Nigel Cross.
Dignitaries present at the ceremony included:
- High Sheriff of Bedfordshire, Meryl Dolling
- Deputy Mayor of Luton, Councillor Maria Lovell
- Chairman of Central Bedfordshire Council, Councillor Brian Saunders
- Mayor of Flitwick, Councillor Philip Thompson
- Chief Fire Officer, Paul Fuller CBE QFSM MStJ DL
- Chief Constable, Garry Forsyth
- President of St John Ambulance, Anthony Duggan OBE
They were joined at the ceremony by:
- Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Bedfordshire, Colonel Chris Sharwood-Smith MBE
- representatives from the various cadet organisations
- deputy lieutenants
- cadets’ family members and friends
The role of the Lord-Lieutenant’s cadets is to support the Lord-Lieutenant in carrying out her duties and their selection and appointment acknowledges their outstanding contribution to their cadet service and to the community.
Photo left to right: Cadet Sergeant Leah Flores, Cadet Warrant Officer Louise Keetley, Leading Cadet Kate Travers, HM Lord-Lieutenant of Bedfordshire Helen Nellis, Fire Cadet Ryan Harper, Cadet Sergeant Harilaos Karavaggelis and Leading Cadet Elisabeth Allison.
This year’s cadets are:
- Leading Cadet Elisabeth Allison (Flitwick and Ampthill Sea Cadets)
- Cadet Sergeant Leah Flores (Beds and Herts Army Cadet Force)
- Cadet Sergeant Harilaos Karavaggelis (Bedford School Combined Cadet Force)
- Cadet Warrant Officer Louise Keetley (Sandy Air Training Corps)
- Fire Cadet Ryan Harper (Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service)
- Leading Cadet Kate Travers (St John Ambulance)
The Lord-Lieutenant’s cadets are the finest of the many talented young people in the cadet forces within Bedfordshire. They are excellent leaders and a credit to their organisations and to the county.
Speaking after the commissioning, Lord-Lieutenant Helen Nellis said:
It is always a pleasure to work alongside some of the finest young people in Bedfordshire. I am delighted to commission seven new Lord-Lieutenant cadets who follow in the footsteps of the extraordinary Lord-Lieutenant cadets who have supported me for the past eight years. I am looking forward to the year ahead and watching them flourish.