HM Lord-Lieutenant’s Honours Ceremony held at The Woburn Hotel
Wednesday, 11 September 2019
HM Lord-Lieutenant of Bedfordshire, Helen Nellis honours Bedfordshire recipients of Queen's Birthday Honours, 2019.
At a special ceremony held in The Canaletto Suite at The Woburn Hotel, by kind permission of Her Grace The Duchess of Bedford, HM Lord-Lieutenant of Bedfordshire, Helen Nellis, brought together the Bedfordshire recipients who received their Honour in the 2019 Queen’s Birthday Honours List to celebrate their success, and to learn about the work behind their achievements. At the same ceremony, the Lord-Lieutenant also presented a British Empire Medal to one Bedfordshire recipient on behalf of HM The Queen.
Dignitaries present included the High Sheriff of Bedfordshire Meryl Dolling, the Chairman of Central Bedfordshire Council Councillor Brian Saunders, the Deputy Speaker of Bedford Borough Council Councillor Jane Walker, Town Council Mayors of Biggleswade and Sandy, Chief Superintendent David Boyle, Deputy Chief Fire Officer Andrew Hopkinson, Police and Crime Commissioner Chief of Staff Clare Kelly and the President of St John Ambulance Anthony Duggan OBE. They were joined by recipients’ family members and friends to hear details about their achievements which were read out by the Lord-Lieutenant’s Cadets.
The recipients honoured in the Queen’s Birthday List 2019 were:
- Dr Julie Mills OBE (Bedford – for services to Promoting Business and Education Links
- Professor Michael James Norton OBE FREng (Bedford – or services to Engineering and the Digital Economy
- Mrs Eve Alexandra BURT MBE (Bedford) – or public and political service
- Mrs Elizabeth Jane Bewick JACKSON MBE (Biggleswade, Central Bedfordshire) – or services to the Northern Ireland Economy and Innovation in Law
- The British Empire Medallist honoured in the Queen’s Birthday List 2019 was Mr Nicholas Hector KIER BEM DL (Bedford) – for services to the Community in Bedfordshire
HM Lord-Lieutenant of Bedfordshire, Helen Nellis said after the ceremony:
It was a real pleasure to recognise those Bedfordians who received national Honours from HM The Queen this year in the beautiful setting of The Woburn Hotel. The various contributions that each of the Honours' recipients have made to our county and to our nation is outstanding. In going the extra mile, they have all made a lasting impact for good on our community.