Register for Council Tax

How to register for Council Tax

If you’ve recently moved to a new home in Central Bedfordshire, you can register for Council Tax online.

Register - Council Tax

You can also set up a Direct Debit to pay your bill, and apply for a discount, all at the same time as registering. If you have any difficulty completing the form, please contact us.

Other ways to register

You can also register for Council Tax by email, telephone or by writing to us. We will need to know:

  • the address you’re moving to
  • the date you moved in or will be moving in
  • how many adults live or will live in the property
  • the full names of everyone who should be liable for Council Tax
  • your previous address
  • if you're waiting to move in, where you want us to send your mail
  • the name and address of the previous owner (if you've bought the property)
  • the name and address of your landlord (if you're renting the property)
  • whether you want to apply for any discounts, disabled person’s band reduction, or Council Tax Support

Contact us
Telephone: 0300 300 8306
Write to us:
Customer Accounts (Council Tax)
Central Bedfordshire Council
Priory House
Monks Walk
SG17 5TQ

Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence (if you have one) – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.