Free Nursery Education Funding Entitlement for 2-year-olds
We give childcare providers the opportunity to offer 2-year-old funding for up to 15 hours for eligible children.
Children will be eligible for the funding the term following their second birthday, subject to the funding dates we set. These can be found in our local agreement for providers offering Early Years Provision for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds.
Funding is available for up to 15 hours of childcare per week for 2-year-olds whose families meet one of the following criteria:
- Income Support,
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance,
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance,
- Child Tax Credits or Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190,
- The guarantee element of the State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Or they have a two-year-old child who
- Has a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health Care Plan,
- Receives Disability Living Allowance,
- Has left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order
- Is a looked-after Child
For full information on the guidance for providers please familiarise yourself with the following document: