Free Nursery Education Funding Entitlement for 2 year olds
Central Bedfordshire Council gives childcare providers the opportunity to offer 2 year old funding for up to 15 hours for eligible children.
Children will be eligible for the funding the term following their second birthday subject to the funding dates set by Central Bedfordshire Council. These can be found in the Central Bedfordshire Council's local agreement for providers offering Early Years Provision for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Funding is available for up to 15 hours of childcare per week for 2 year olds whose families meet one of the following criteria:
- Income Support,
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance,
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance,
- Child Tax Credits or Working Tax Credits and have an annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190,
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Or they have a two year old child who
- Has a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health Care Plan,
- Receives Disability Living Allowance,
- Has left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order
- Is a looked after Child
Children Centres are responsible for completing applications for 2 year old funding and have details of the eligibility criteria. Any parent who contacts you for 2 year old funding without an eligibility letter should be referred to their local Children's Centre (link opens in new window).
For full information on the guidance for providers please familiarise yourself with the following document: