Supporting our tenants
We work closely with our tenants to provide advice and guidance to help them sustain their tenancies.
We help people to overcome problems or barriers that can contribute to tenancies failing and could ultimately lead to homelessness.
Ways in which we provide support
- help with financial support applications
- help to maximise income and prioritise payments to reduce debts
- help you to move to more suitable accommodation
- assist if you're struggling to cope due to illness, poor mobility or health problems
- support your family if you're overcrowded or paying the under-occupancy charge
- refer to other agencies, such as accredited debt counsellors, community mental health teams, occupational therapy and social care teams
- give mobility advice
- help with addressing hoarding concerns
- advise on where to get aids and adaptations to make your home safer and more accessible
- employment and education: signposting to volunteering, training and employment opportunities
We will work closely with you, usually within your own home, to provide a service that suits your needs.