Supporting our tenants
We work closely with our tenants to provide advice and guidance to help them sustain their tenancies.
We help people to overcome problems or barriers that can contribute to tenancies failing and could ultimately lead to homelessness.
Ways in which we provide support
- financial support
- help to maximise income and prioritise payments to reduce debts
- help people to move to more suitable accommodation
- assisting tenants who are struggling to cope due to illness, poor mobility or health problems
- supporting families who are overcrowded or paying the under-occupancy charge
- refer to other agencies, such as accredited debt counsellors, community mental health teams, occupational therapy and social care teams
- mobility advice
- help with addressing hoarding concerns
- advising on where to obtain aids and adaptations to make your home safer and more accessible
- employment and education: signposting to volunteering, training and employment opportunities
We will work closely with you, usually within your own home, to provide a service that suits your needs.
Please contact us if you require any further information or if you would like some support.
Telephone: 0300 300 6745