Apply for an upper school place

Apply for an upper school place in Central Bedfordshire

When to apply for a transfer to upper school for 2022

You need to apply before 31 October 2021, even if your child already attends a feeder school and you live in the catchment area.

How to apply

Apply online for your upper school place

Applying online is quick, simple and safe. In fact, over 95% of parents and carers apply online for an upper school place.

If your child isn't in their normal year group

Please apply by post (instructions below). Unfortunately, you can't use the online application, as it won't recognise your child's date of birth.

Apply by post

If you can't apply online, don't worry; you can also apply by post. Here's how:

  1. get an application form
    You can download an application form, pick one up from any of our schools or we can post one to you (just call us on 0300 300 8037 and ask)
  2. complete the form
  3. send the completed form to:
    School Admissions
    Central Bedfordshire Council
    Watling House
    LU6 1LF

We need to receive your application by the 31 October 2021 deadline.

Please don't make both an online and postal application. We'll only process the latest one (if it's sent before the deadline).

Apply for a school place during the academic year

Find out how to apply for a school during the academic year.