Car parks – how to pay
We offer cashless parking
Cashless parking lets you pay for your parking, safely and securely, using your mobile device.
With cashless parking:
- you don’t need to put a ticket on your dashboard
- civil enforcement officers use handheld devices to check which vehicles have paid
- using the app is quick and simple; you can save your details for next time
- you can opt-in to receive a text message to remind you your session is about to expire
- if you’re running late or simply need a bit longer in town, there’s no need to worry; just top up your parking wherever you are by using the service again
You can pay:
- using an app
- by calling the automated payment service line
How to pay by app
Step 1: Download the app
Step 2: Register in the app
Next, you'll need to register.
To register, you'll need your:
- email address
- mobile telephone number
- vehicle registration
- valid credit or debit card
Step 3: Pay for your parking
- Enter the location code you wish to park in as advertised on street signage
- Enter your parking duration: add the time duration you wish to park for, check the details and then conﬁrm your selection
- Add more time from wherever you are (depending on local parking restrictions and regulations); simply open the app and add time to your current parking meter
How to pay by phone call
Call the telephone number displayed on signs in the relevant car parks and streets.
Reminder texts and notifications
Opt-in to SMS reminders in your account settings and you won't have to worry about dashing back to the parking machine.
What is PayByPhone?
We use PayByPhone for our cashless parking. PayByPhone is a mobile phone service which enables you to pay for your parking by credit or debit card, rather than with cash at a machine.
Visit PayByPhone's website to find out more.