Marriages, civil partnerships and celebratory services

Getting married in a church or other religious building

If you and your partner decide to be married in the Church of England, you should contact the vicar.

If you are getting married in any religious building, apart from a church belonging to the Church of England, you must still give Notice as if you were getting married in a Registration Office in the district where you live. Our staff will be glad to give you help and advice on this matter.

A Registrar from the district covering the building must be present at the wedding unless the governing body of the religious building has chosen to appoint its own Authorised Person to register its marriages instead of the Registrar.