Safer Central (Community Safety Partnership)
Safer Central is Central Bedfordshire’s Community Safety Partnership, a group of organisations and services working closely together to tackle community safety issues in Central Bedfordshire. Community safety is a high public priority and can affect the quality of life for individuals and communities.
Safer Central has representatives from five statutory partners:
- Central Bedfordshire Council
- Bedfordshire Police
- BLMK Integrated Care Board
- National Probation Services/Offender Management Services
- Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
Safer Central Priorities 2021 to 2024
Safer Central consults with partners, stakeholders and local residents to assess risk and threats each year.
The partnership currently has two priorities:
- identifying and disrupting County Lines/drug dealing and cuckooing
- raising awareness of domestic abuse
The partnership also identified cybercrime as an emerging issue.