What will the tidy tips not accept?
Our Household Waste Recycling Centres (tidy tips) cannot accept:
- trade / commercial waste
- un-sectioned trees (with a girth larger than 30cm)
- engine oil (quantities greater than 20 litres)
- vehicle parts (except car batteries and tyres)
- hazardous (including petrol) or biological waste
- contaminated materials presenting a direct contact risk
- animal bedding and faeces (including all pet waste)
- explosives and pyrotechnics, including fireworks, firearms and ammunition
- clinical waste
- commercial and Halon fire extinguishers
Please note that trade / commercial waste includes waste generated by a builder, gardener, glazier or other tradesman working in a domestic property.
The cost of waste removal should be included in their quote.
It may be advisable in some instances to hire a skip.