What will the tidy tips not accept?
Our Household Waste Recycling Centres (tidy tips) cannot accept:
- trade / commercial waste
- un-sectioned trees (with a girth larger than 30cm)
- engine oil (quantities greater than 15 litres)
- vehicle parts (except car batteries and tyres)
- hazardous or biological waste
- contaminated materials presenting a direct contact risk
- animal bedding and faeces (including all pet waste)
Please note that trade / commercial waste includes waste generated by a builder, gardener, glazier or other tradesman working in a domestic property.
The cost of waste removal should be included in their quote.
Only small quantities of DIY / demolition waste such as soil, brick, rubble, doors and windows will be accepted with a waste permit, even if from your own home.
It may be advisable in some instances to hire a skip.
If you have an item for disposal that you are not sure will be accepted, check by calling customer services on 0300 300 8302.