Privacy Notice – 0 to 12 Family Service Request for Services
This privacy notice should be read in conjunction with our general Privacy Statement and privacy notice for children and young people.
The purpose for the personal data we will collect
We collect data to:
- provide a statutory service, identifying the needs of vulnerable children
- facilitate planning for the future and demand management of services
- share with our local partner organisations and agencies, where there is a safeguarding concern
What information do we collect?
- referrer’s name
- referrer's contact details
- names of parent/carer and child
- dates of birth for parent/carer and child
- child's gender
- parent/carer's contact details
- parent/carer's and child’s health information
Lawful basis for using your personal data
Our legal obligation or public task under UK legislation includes, but is not limited to:
- Childcare Act 2016
- Childcare Act 2006
- Children Act 1989
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Early Years Foundation Stage Regulations 2017
- Equality Act 2010
- Education Act 2011
- The Childcare (Provision of Information about Young Children) (England) Regulations 2009
- Early Education and Childcare Statutory Guidance for Local Authorities 2019
- ‘Special’ category data that we collect is necessary for carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field social protection law, substantial public interest and equality of opportunity or treatment at schedule 1 part 1 and 2 Data Protection Act 2018
Who we may share your personal data with
We may share your data with:
- our own teams, including early years support teams
- our local partner organisations
- early years and childcare providers
- education providers
- law enforcement
- children’s centres
Retention of data
Data will be stored securely and retained in accordance with our retention schedule.
Your rights under data protection law
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions; we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your application at any time.
Should you have any queries regarding how your personal data is being used, or this privacy notice, please contact us.
Telephone: 0300 300 5765
For independent advice about data protection, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Alternatively, visit the ICO's website.