We regularly have new and exciting opportunities to work within our dedicated team. Watch our video to find out a little more about working for housing, and keep an eye on the recruitment page for our latest positions.
We're often looking for new people to join our team. For most of the jobs on offer, you don't need to have a housing or local authority background. What you do need is a passion for customer service and helping people, with the ability to learn fast and work as part of a team. Everything we do is underpinned by the council's vision of making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
So why would you want to join the team? Here are some of the reasons; we:
- provide a full landlord service to around 5400 properties covering lettings, property repairs, estate management, tenant engagement, advice and support
- offer housing advice and support services to vulnerable people, including those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, as well as a social and private sector letting service
- manage a multi-million-pound housing development programme and have an interventionist role in the privately rented sector to ensure that standards are adhered to
- are building our portfolio of shared ownership opportunities and accommodation to help older people remain in their homes for longer and increase community feel and spirit
- strive to make a positive difference to people’s lives
We offer a great benefits package, flexible working arrangements and access to a first rate induction, training and development programme.
I have a background in customer complaints and engagement. Working for the Housing Service will be a new way of working, giving me the opportunity to use my past experience to make a difference in people’s lives.
Jayne, started July 2023
I have worked in the Housing Service for over 10 years. I didn’t have any housing experience when I joined as an assistant, but was quickly welcomed and have learnt much as I developed my career in this important sector.
Dan, started 2007