Bulky waste - what can or cannot be collected?
Bulky waste - what we can collect
We can collect up to 12 items at any one time, including:
- beds - bed base, cot, duvet, headboard, mattress or sofa beds
- bins - old metal or plastic bins, including old compost bins
- children's play equipment - this needs to be dismantled beforehand e.g. large toys or outdoor trampoline
- carpets or rugs
- computers - base unit, monitor, printer or scanner
- electrical items - general appliance, DVD player, games console, lamp, power tool, music centre, portable heater, sewing machine, speaker(s), sunbed (please remove all bulbs and lighting beforehand and dispose of these separately), television, vacuum cleaner or video player
- furniture - curtain pole / rail, desk, free standing items, garden furniture, sofa, table, television stand or wardrobe
- kitchen items - cooker, dishwasher, microwave, tumble dryer or washing machine
- outdoor - dog kennel, rabbit hutch or wheelbarrow
- glass doors from wardrobes (wrapped and clearly marked as glass. Glass which is broken or has sharp edges cannot be collected)
- mirrors (wrapped and clearly marked as glass. Glass which is broken or has sharp edges cannot be collected)
- other items - exercise machine*, pram / pushchair, shower screen (plastic), suitcase, typewriter or wheelchair
Due to the collection vehicle size, please ensure no items are over 6 feet in height or width.
*Please check that this item can be easily lifted and is not an excessive weight.
What cannot be collected?
We cannot collect:
- asbestos and chemicals
- builders' waste, e.g. radiators, boilers, gas / oil heaters or fires
- car parts including tyres, batteries and gas bottles
- DIY waste including bricks, broken concrete, soil, stones and loose rubble
- domestic waste including bags / boxes of waste, paint or paint tins
- garden refuse including garden sheds, fencing or greenhouses
- large household items including any glass, mirrors, old windows (apart from those listed above) and garage doors
- large sheets of cardboard
Please note: we will not dismantle any items.