Information Governance - Aims
- To comply with all relevant legislative requirements thereby protecting individuals, the Council and its employees.
- To manage the creation, storage, movement and sharing of data in a secure and efficient manner.
- To support the provision of high quality service delivery by promoting the effective and appropriate use of information.
- To encourage staff and partners to work together, preventing duplication of effort and enabling more efficient use of shared data resources.
- To develop support arrangements which provide staff with information and appropriate Information Governance policies and guidance.
- Providing training and support to enable staff to discharge their responsibilities under the various acts - all to consistently high standards.
- The Council has a set of high level corporate policies in place which direct all our information governance work across the council. These are supported by detailed procedures setting out exactly how staff must work to follow our policy.