Annual canvass - August to November 2016
You need to be registered to be able to vote in any election or referendum for which you are eligible. We run an annual canvass to ensure the electoral register is up to date, as we are required to do by law.
From 22 August, a household enquiry form will be delivered to every property in Central Bedfordshire. If anyone is already registered at the address, they will be listed on the form.
If the details are correct please confirm them by either:
- phoning the number on the form
- texting NOCHANGE, followed by the security code on the form
- signing the form and sending it back
If the details are incorrect, please use the web address and security code on the form to make any changes online. Alternatively you can amend the form by crossing out those no longer living at the address and adding the names of all those eligible – including 16 and 17 year olds.
Please remember that you must respond, whether there is a change or not.
Canvass period - 22 August to end of October 2016
During the canvass period we will:
- deliver a form to all properties in Central Bedfordshire
- deliver a reminder to properties who do not respond
- send canvassers to properties to encourage residents to complete the forms - all canvassers will be wearing a Central Bedfordshire Council identity badge
- publish register on 1 December 2016
Concerns about a canvasser
If you are concerned about a canvasser, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 8008.
What happens next?
After you have responded, anyone not previously listed on the form must register. You can do this on the GOV.UK - register to vote (link opens in new window) website, or we will send an Invitation to Register form as soon as we become aware of a potential new elector.
Each time you change address you need to re-register. The easiest and quickest way to do this is online via the GOV.UK website (link opens in new window). You can do this at any time.