Paying your rent

Debt advice for council tenants

Cost of living support - banner

Many organisations offer free and impartial advice on debt problems. Below is a list of organisations that can help:

StepChange offers impartial debt advice, information about bailiffs, debt solutions and expert bankruptcy help, all completely free of charge.

Take StepChange's online debt test, or call 0800 138 11 11 to speak to someone in confidence.

For more information on bankruptcy and insolvency, visit the GOV.UK insolvency service.

Alternatively, call the Debtadvice UK Freephone helpline: 0800 074 6918 (open 24 hours).

Download our guides for more information

Letters to creditors

Free independent advice