Central Bedfordshire Council is a partner agency in the Central Bedfordshire Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC). This privacy notice sets out how the Council uses personal information to fulfil this role. It applies only to Central Bedfordshire Council and partner agencies will have their own privacy notices.
MARAC will use data to reach safe decisions about the people referred to MARAC and their families. The data may be used by the sharing partner agencies in different ways: the Police may determine if any of the details reach the threshold to initiate or contribute to a Police investigation. Children's Services and Adult Social Care may also consider if these details reach the threshold for a referral to their service in order to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults. This sharing is in order to increase the safety of all victims, including children, enable the protection of vulnerable people and reduce crime and disorder locally.
Information about cases brought to MARAC is held on a system shared by the partner agencies. The partner agencies are joint data controllers for information held on this system and shared as part of the MARAC process. Partner agencies (including Central Bedfordshire Council) may also record information on their own systems and they will be independent data controllers for this information.
Who do we share your information with?
Data will be shared as necessary with the other MARAC partner agencies. These include:
- Bedford Hospital – Community Midwife Team
- BLMK Clinical Commissioning Group
- Bedfordshire National Probation Service
- Bedfordshire Police
- Bedfordshire Victim Support
- CCS 0-19 Services
- Central Bedfordshire Council – Access and Inclusion Team
- Central Bedfordshire Council – Adult Safeguarding Team
- Central Bedfordshire Council – Early Help Team
- Central Bedfordshire Council – Family Support Team
- Central Bedfordshire Council – Housing Options team
- Central Bedfordshire Council – Referral, Assessment and Intervention
- East London Foundation Trust (ELFT)
- Early Childhood Partnership (ECP)
- Grand Union Housing Association
- IMPAKT Housing and Support
- Pathway 2 Recovery (ELFT)
- Stonewater Housing Association
- Stonham Housing
We may also share your personal information with other third parties where it is lawful for us to do so. This may include, for example, sharing;
- in order to find and stop crime and fraud
- if there are serious risks to the public, our staff or to other professionals
- to protect a child or vulnerable adults
How the law allows us to use your personal information
Central Bedfordshire Council process information through MARAC on the basis that it is necessary for us fulfil our duties and responsibilities as a local authority (a ‘public task’).
‘Special category data’ (information which reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, trade union membership, religious or philosophical beliefs, health or sexual orientation or genetic or biometric data) is processed on the basis that is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest - Safeguarding of children and individuals at risk.
In some cases information may be shared for other reasons, such as to protect the vital interests of an individual.
How long will information be kept?
Information about cases referred to MARAC is retained for 75 years from the date of the last MARAC meeting.
For more information about how the Council uses your data, your rights and who to contact if you have any concerns please see the Council’s main privacy notice.