Change of age ranges and other proposed changes
Changes to schools within the Sandy area
On 12 October 2016, six schools in the Sandy area launched consultations to change their age ranges.
Following the closure of the consultations and subsequent consideration of the responses received, the governing bodies of the following 5 schools have determined to action the proposed change.
- Moggerhanger Lower School (PDF 341.4KB) – to change from 3-9 years to 3-11 years with effect from September 2018
- Robert Peel Lower School (PDF 536.5KB) - to change from 3-9 years to 3-11 years with effect from September 2017
- Swithun's VC Lower School (PDF 536.7KB) - to change from 3-9 years to 3-11 years with effect from September 2017
- John Donne CofE Lower School (PDF 509.8KB) - to change from 3-9 years to 3-11 years with effect from September 2017
- Sandy Upper School (PDF 395.7KB) – to change from 13-18 years to 11-18 years with effect from September 2018.
You can read the concluding report from each governing body by clicking on the relevant links above.
The schools have written to parents and other stakeholders to advise them of the decision - read the letter (PDF 344.1KB) .
For Everton Lower School’s proposed change of age range, from 3-9 years to 3-11 years, we will launch a statutory consultation for the proposal in January. Because Everton Lower is a community school the consultation process is different to that for the other five schools
The three schools that were proposing to join together to become a multi-academy trust have placed the proposal on hold. Further information can be found on the respective schools' websites:
- Laburnum Lower website (link opens in new window)
- Maple Tree Lower website (link opens in new window)
- Sandye Place Academy website (link opens in new window)
Download more about Sandy age range changes (PDF 78.1KB) , including an update regarding those that have been agreed.
You can also download a summary of all the age range changes (PDF 46.5KB) that have been proposed and determined for schools and academies within Central Bedfordshire.