Change of age ranges and other proposed changes
Changes to schools within the Sandy area
On 12 October 2016, six schools in the Sandy area launched consultations to change their age ranges.
Following the closure of the consultations and subsequent consideration of the responses received, the governing bodies of the following 5 schools have determined to action the proposed change.
- Moggerhanger Lower School (PDF 341.4KB) – to change from 3-9 years to 3-11 years with effect from September 2018
- Robert Peel Lower School (PDF 536.5KB) - to change from 3-9 years to 3-11 years with effect from September 2017
- Swithun's VC Lower School (PDF 536.7KB) - to change from 3-9 years to 3-11 years with effect from September 2017
- John Donne CofE Lower School (PDF 509.8KB) - to change from 3-9 years to 3-11 years with effect from September 2017
- Sandy Upper School (PDF 395.7KB) – to change from 13-18 years to 11-18 years with effect from September 2018.
You can read the concluding report from each governing body by clicking on the relevant links above.
The schools have written to parents and other stakeholders to advise them of the decision - read the letter (PDF 344.1KB) .
For Everton Lower School’s proposed change of age range (from 3-9 years to 3-11 years), because it is a community school, we were required to carry out a 2 stage consultation process for the proposal. Following the conclusion of the 4 week statutory consultation in February 2017, the results were reported (link opens in new window) back to our Executive Member for Education and Skills on 21 March 2017 for determination of the proposal.
The decision was made to approve the change and therefore the lower school will convert to a primary school in September 2017.
Following a discussion to place the proposal (to join together and become a multi-academy trust) on hold, Laburnum Lower, Maple Tree Lower and Sandye Place Academy launched consultations regarding alternative proposals. Details can be found on the schools' websites:
- Laburnum Lower website (link opens in new window)
- Maple Tree Lower website (link opens in new window)
- Sandye Place Academy website (link opens in new window)
Following the conclusion of its consultation, the governing body of Labernum Lower School has determined to change the age range of the school from 3 - 9 to 3 - 11 with effect from September 2018.
Download more about Sandy age range changes (PDF 104.9KB) , including an update (April 2017) regarding those that have been agreed.
Download our letter to all parents of children in year 4 (PDF 72.8KB) at the Sandy lower schools which will change their age range from September 2017, advising what to do next (27 January, 2017)
You can also download a summary of all the age range changes (PDF 91.8KB) that have been proposed and determined for schools and academies within Central Bedfordshire.