Reporting an empty home
Empty homes can:
- cause a nuisance to neighbours
- reduce the value of neighbouring homes
- be dangerous if vandalised
- decrease the value of neighbouring homes
- attract anti social behaviour
The council has many enforcement powers to bring empty homes back into use and will also help owners to renovate their homes for living in themselves, for rental or for sale.
If you live near to a property that is giving you cause for concern, please contact the Housing Solutions Team on 0300 300 8007 or email us at email@example.com.