Neighbourhood plan consultations for Central Bedfordshire
Consultations could be for:
- the area designation, which allows comments on a proposed neighbourhood plan area applied for designation
- Regulation 14, which informs the draft version of the plan
- Regulation 16, which happens towards the end of the process with all comments passed to the appointed examiner to be considered during the independent examination
If a neighbourhood plan is successful at the examination, it will proceed to a referendum to allow residents to vote. If the plan is successful at the referendum, we'll 'make' the plan part of the development plan for the area and use it during the consideration of planning applications.
This document looks at the following topic areas:
- town centre
- housing and development
- green spaces and recreation
- biodiversity and natural features
- business, employment and education
- transport, connectivity and parking
- infrastructure provision
- Houghton Regis Neighbourhood Plan (submission version)
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- neighbourhood plan area map
- background evidence reports
The 6-week Regulation 16 consultation period is: 10 July 2023 to 1 September 2023.
We are inviting comments on the neighbourhood plan by email and post.
Local Plan Team
Central Bedfordshire Council
All comments must be received no later than 5pm on Friday 1 September 2023.