Get help with learning and work
The National Careers Service is for people over the age of 19 (over 18 if on job seeking benefits).
You can access this free service whether employed, furloughed or unemployed.
How we can help
Talk to us for confidential and impartial one-to-one support and advice. We can meet you face to face (where restrictions allow) or contact you by telephone or using video calls.
Our qualified careers advisers can support you with:
- finding the right courses - giving you information on courses that will meet your skills, training and qualification needs
- online job searching - helping you to set up and use online accounts including Universal Job Match and with email communication
- labour market information - giving you access to online tools to look at job availability and skills required in your local area
- CVs - supporting you to write or review your CV
- recruitment support - helping you with skills for job application pre-selection activities
- application forms - advising you on how to write an effective personal statement
- online interview techniques - helping you to improve your interview skills through mock interviews, improving body language or practicing interview questions
- overcoming barriers - supporting you to assess what is stopping you from meeting your goals
- referrals - referring you to other agencies or organisations that provide additional specific support
- career progression - exploring your career progression options
- career direction - giving you information about different careers and guiding you with career paths using diagnostic tools
Talk to us
Telephone: 0300 300 8110
If you are unemployed and claiming benefits, your local Jobcentre Plus will also continue to support you with its own services and others, including those from organisations managing the new Work and Health Programme (GOV.UK).