Council Tax discounts and exemptions

Single Person Discount (SPD) for Council Tax - 25% discount

What is the Single Person Discount?

If you are the only adult living in your property, we will reduce your Council Tax by 25%.

You can apply for a Single Person Discount online. 

Apply for Single Person Discount

You’ll need your Council Tax reference number, which you can find on your most recent Council Tax bill, or any letters we have sent you about your Council Tax.

You can also apply by post - download the Single Person Discount application form (PDF 60.7KB) and return it to:

Customer Accounts
Central Bedfordshire Council
Watling House
High Street North

For more information, call us on 0300 300 8306 or download our Single Person Discount fact sheet. (PDF 88.8KB)

We will award SPD as long as you remain the only adult living in the property. If your circumstances change, you must tell us immediately.

Contact us

Telephone: 0300 300 8306

Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.