Accountability and governance
The lead representatives for the local safeguarding partners have equal and joint responsibility for putting in place the local multi-agency safeguarding arrangements, within Central Bedfordshire these are the:
- Chief Executive of Central Bedfordshire Council
- Accountable Officer of Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Chief Constable for Bedfordshire Police
In situations where a clear and single point of leadership is required the three safeguarding partners will decide who will take the lead.
If the lead representatives chose to delegate their functions, they remain accountable for any actions or decisions taken on behalf of their agency. It is the responsibility of the lead representative to identify and nominate a senior officer in their agency to have responsibility and authority for ensuring full participation in the local arrangements.
The representative or their chosen delegated officer should be able to:
- speak with authority for the safeguarding partner they represent
- take decisions on behalf of their organisation or agency and commit them on policy, resourcing and practice matters
- hold their own organisation or agency to account on how effectively they participate and implement the arrangements
Who we are:
Phillipa Scott – Central Bedfordshire Children’s Safeguarding Board Manager
Telephone: 0300 300 6455
Sophie Adams – Pan Bedfordshire LSCB Training Officer
Telephone: 0300 300 5759