Drop-in events: M1-A6 Link Road
We held five public drop-in sessions in July and August 2018.
- Tuesday 21 August: from 2pm until 7pm at St Margaret's Parish Centre in Lucas Gardens, Bramingham, Luton
- Tuesday 17 July: from midday - 7pm at Streatley Village Hall
- Monday 23 July: from 2pm - 8pm at Houghton Regis Baptist Church
- Thursday 26 July: from 2pm - 8pm at Chalton Village Hall
- Monday 30 July: from 2pm - 8pm at St John’s Parish Centre in Sundon Park Road, Luton
532 members of the public attended these events to find out more about the project. Feedback and suggestions were gathered from attendees. Key themes that emerged for consideration in the scheme design and development included:
- impact of proposed road scheme on existing locality, including Keech Hospice
- environmental considerations such as noise, air pollution, flooding and protection of the countryside
- congestion, road capacity and junctions
- pedestrian access between Sundon Village and Sundon Park
- impact on other local roads such as the B655 Hexton Road from Barton-le-Clay to Hitchin
Stay up to date
Stay up to date on developments with the M1-A6 Link Road by signing up for our email alerts.