Welfare information and advice

Advice on rent or mortgage repayments

For housing benefit and Council Tax support advice, please call 0300 300 8306, or email customer.accounts@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk.

If you are a council tenant struggling to keep up with payments or have fallen behind, contact the customer services team and ask to speak to an income management officer on 0300 300 8302 or send us an email at customers@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk.

Apply for Local Welfare Provision.

Apply for Discretionary Housing Payments.

Your housing association can help

If you are a housing association tenant and have fallen into financial difficulty, contact them with the following details:

Aragon Housing Association

Please see Grand Union Housing Group.

Aldwyck Housing Group

Unit 6 / Porz Avenue
Houghton Hall Park
Houghton Regis

Telephone: 0300 500 6262
Email: housingdebtadviceteam@aldwyck.co.uk

Aldwyck’s Housing Debt Advice team offers support, including maximising income and helping with benefits (including change of circumstances), making referrals and signposting for independent housing and debt advice, drafting financial statements and giving basic budgeting advice.

Bedfordshire Pilgrims Housing Association (bpha)

Bedford Heights
Manton Lane
MK41 7BJ
Telephone: 0330 100 0272
Email: info@bpha.org.uk

Visit bpha's website

Bpha can offer advice and assistance across a range of areas, including money advice, cost-effective insurance, community development activities and payment of rent.

Paradigm Housing Group

1 Glory Park Avenue
Wooburn Green
HP10 0DF

Telephone: 0300 303 1010
Email: enquiries@paradigmhousing.co.uk
Visit Paradigm Housing Group's website

Paradigm can signpost you to lots of advice and support from benefit information to debt advice and money management.

Grand Union Housing Group (formerly Aragon Housing Association)

Katherine’s House
Dunstable Street
MK45 2JP

Telephone: 0300 123 5544

Email: help@guhg.co.uk
Visit Grand Union Housing Group's website

Grand Union Housing Group's Benefits and Money Advice team can conduct home visits and assist with making and managing claims for benefits (including appeals), as well as helping to set up affordable debt repayment plans with creditors.

Guinness Trust

Henshaw House
851 Silbury Boulevard
Central Milton Keynes

Telephone: 0300 011 1321
Email: info@guinness.org.uk
Visit Guinness Trust's website

Guinness Trust provides advice and support from available benefits to helping you to make your money stretch further or advising you on training opportunities.

Stonewater (formerly Jephson)

5 Mill Square
Featherstone Road
South Milton Keynes
MK12 5ZD
Email: customers@stonewater.org
Stonewater provides online resources to help customers manage their money, including accessing advice on budgeting, benefits, paying bills and staying out of debt.