Welfare reform

Emergency help and grants

The government's national Social Fund ended in April 2013. The crisis loans and community care grants that were part of the funds are replaced by a new local welfare provision which is administered by Central Bedfordshire Council.

Who can apply?

If you are aged 16 or older, are living in Central Bedfordshire (either for 6 of the last 12 months or for 3 of the last 5 years) and have experienced a crisis or an emergency, you can apply to the local scheme.