Welfare reform

Changes to Disability Living Allowance

The government is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) with a new benefit called Personal Independence Payment (PIP). The new payment helps with some of the extra costs caused by ill-health or disability. It is based on how your condition affects you.

Who is affected?

You will be affected if you are working age (aged 16 to 64) and either claiming DLA, or become eligible for support as a result of a disability.

PIP is being rolled out gradually, so you may not be affected immediately.

Find out more

Visit the GOV.UK - PIP (link opens in new window) page to find out how you will be affected by PIP, who is eligible, and how much you could get.