Council Tax Support

How will you be paid?

We will pay your Council Tax Support directly to your Council Tax account. We will send you a revised Council Tax bill showing the reduction you are entitled to for the year, and how much you still need to pay.

If your local Council Tax Support award does not cover your full Council Tax, visit the how to pay your Council Tax page to see how to pay.

Contact us

Telephone: 0300 300 8306

Please quote your benefit claim reference in all correspondence – your claim reference is either an 8 digit number starting with 900, or a 5 digit number. You can find it on any letter we’ve sent about your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support.