Viewing or commenting on an application
- Where can I find out progress and decisions on an application?
- How do I comment on a planning application?
- What comments are taken into consideration during a consultation?
The online planning database has information on progress on applications made to us. It will include details of the decision after it has been made along with information about any appeal against the decision.
Alternatively, you can write to the planning team, including your address. You can comment online on an application even if you have not been formally consulted. We must receive your written comments within 21 days of the start of the consultation period. If you need help in submitting your comments, contact the case officer named on the consultation document. If the planning application needs to be considered by the Development Management Committee you will be informed when the meeting will take place, if you have requested this.
We can only consider planning comments about planning related issues such as:
- design and layout
- external appearance and materials
- access for disabled people
- loss of daylight, sunlight and privacy of neighbours
- noise nuisance
- traffic and parking issues
- loss of, or an increase in, particular type of use of land