Planning enforcement and appeals

Reporting a breach

If you believe you have seen a planning enforcement matter, check if the work has been the subject of a planning application. You can also check the national Planning Portal (link opens in new window) website as some small scale development may not actually require planning approval.

Report a breach of planning control

Please provide:

  • your name, address, email address and contact telephone number
  • the name and address of the person carrying out the works
  • the location of the site
  • details of the complaint
  • what harm is being caused to you and the area generally

All concerns are treated in confidence, but we may need to contact you for further information and to discuss your concerns.

Useful information

Planning enforcement plan