Safer Central (community safety partnership)
Safer Central is Central Bedfordshire’s Community Safety Partnership, a group of organisations and services working closely together to tackle community safety issues in Central Bedfordshire. Community safety is a high public priority and can affect the quality of life for individuals and communities.
Safer Central has representatives from five statutory partners:
- Central Bedfordshire Council
- Bedfordshire Police
- Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- National Probation Services/Offender Management Services
- Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
Safer Central priorities 2019-2021
Safer Central consults with partners, stakeholders and local residents to assess risk and threats each year.
The partnership currently has two priorities:
- ending exploitation – this includes modern day slavery, child sexual exploitation, trafficking, knife crime and county lines
- dealing with domestic and sexual abuse
The partnership also has one ‘knowledge gap’
- prevalence and impact of substance misuse
View the Safer Central Strategy for 2019 to 2024