Anti-social behaviour

Reporting anti-social behaviour

Our officers use a risk assessment matrix, shared with Bedfordshire Police, to prioritise the cases we can investigate.

What we can help with

  • street drinking
  • incidents of abusive, intimidating and threatening behaviour which affects the wider community
  • street nuisance
  • drug-related issues centred around a specific premises
  • persistent behaviour that is having a detrimental effect on the quality of your life, and that of your neighbours

What we can't help with

  • feeding / keeping of animals (domestic or wild)
  • parking issues
  • playing of ball games
  • youths gathered in a public place not committing offences
  • one-off noise report
  • nuisance motorcycles (please report to Bedfordshire Police on 101)
  • minor neighbourhood disputes
  • rough sleepers / homeless people

Report anti-social behaviour

How to report criminal behaviour

Criminal behaviour should be reported to the police. This includes:

  • harassment including incidents based on race, gender, religion, disability, or sexual orientation
  • graffiti, vandalism and damage to property
  • drug misuse (including cannabis)
  • using and selling Class A drugs
  • being personally and physically threatened

Emergencies: For serious incidents (where lives are at risk or when the perpetrators are still on the scene), call the police on 999 immediately.
Non-emergencies: call the police on 101.

For anonymous reports, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Our tenants: how to report anti-social behaviour

If you are a tenant experiencing anti-social behaviour, please let us know:

Telephone: 0300 300 8302

Find out more about reporting anti-social behavior as a council tenant.

Rough sleepers

Find out how to report concerns about a rough sleeper, including anti-social behaviour.

All reports are treated in the strictest confidence.