Next steps in our Flitwick regeneration consultation
The feedback received during the consultation period will be reviewed and used to inform how these ideas are developed further.
Flitwick Rail Station
The government has awarded us a grant of £2.219 million for the development of an integrated transport hub at Flitwick Rail Station.
We've worked closely with our partners at both Network Rail and Govia Thameslink Railways (GTR) to develop proposals that will radically improve how the station functions. These include:
- a fully redeveloped station forecourt with new pedestrian, cycle and vehicle access
- new passenger drop-off and dedicated taxi areas
- a public transport interchange with three bus stops, passenger waiting areas, including real time departure information
- improvements to Steppingley Road, including vehicle access to both the station and Tesco opposite
- dedicated facilities for Center Parcs Woburn passenger collection and drop-off
The grant is the result of our collaboration with the South East Midlands Local Economic Partnership (SEMLEP) and has been awarded as part of the government’s new Getting Building Fund. The funding will be added to our existing investment in this scheme which, combined, will total in excess of £4 million.
The scheme will form the basis of a planning application, which is due to be submitted by the end of August. Construction of the hub is scheduled to be complete by March 2022.