HM The Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2017 - Bedfordshire Recipients
The Lord-Lieutenant is delighted to be able to announce that seven people in Bedfordshire have been recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours. The Lord-Lieutenant is particularly pleased with the result this year as one of our DLs, Chris Kilroy MBE, has been recognised for his services to charity and the community in Bedfordshire.
The full list of honours recipients in Bedfordshire is as follows:
- Mr Christopher Kilroy MBE DL (for services to charity and the community in Bedfordshire)
- Mr Euan Stewart CBE (Head of Intelligence, HM Revenue & Customs; for services to protecting tax revenue)
- Dr Ramesh Mehta OBE (President, British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin; for services to NHS)
- Mr William Duperouzel BEM (for services to charity and the community in Bedfordshire)
- Ms Andree Falla BEM (for services to the Girl Guides and other charities)
- Mr Kenneth Harvey BEM (Head of Service, Children with Disabilities – Central Bedfordshire Council; for services to Children and Young People)
- Miss Felicity Irons BEM (for services to Rush and Heritage Crafts)
The Lord-Lieutenant is holding an Honours Recipients Gathering and Presentation Ceremony and all the above Bedfordshire Honours recipients are invited along with 3 guests. This is to be held on Monday 18 September 2017 at Putteridge Bury in Luton. The purpose of this reception is to acknowledge the success of recipients and to find out more about the activities which led to their honour and to present the British Empire Medals. As with previous Honours Receptions, the Lord-Lieutenant will invite a small selection of DLs, along with other VIPS and guests, and invitations will be sent out in due course.
Congratulations on behalf of the Lord-Lieutenant to all the recipients in Bedfordshire.